Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A BLIZZARD WARNING?

Lately, the snow has been on the LARGE side, in amounts if you haven't seen! It was so nice and warm and all of a sudden we got all of this snow at once! It couldn't come slowly and let us get ready, it just all came down at once! Although it looks so pretty, it's very cold out there, and the driving conditions is something everybody should be looking out for. Everywhere in the news that you look they're talking about the snowy and icy conditions. Everybody should always be prepared when traveling long distances and should always carry a blanket, food, and water with them in case they get stranded somehow. I definitely would not want to be stranded in a cold car in the middle of this! They said 12 to 20 inches and my goodness a lot of places did end up getting close to that. The news also says we will be getting more in the next couple of days. They haven't said that we will be getting a ton more, but a little is still a lot when you already have a bunch! While they all say that snowmobile rs, skiers, and snowboarders will love this, it's not the best for the average person id have to say! I guess you have to get used to it, living in Wisconsin. I kind of find it funny that the people who live here seem to complain about the snow the most. We should be the ones used to it by now. Every year come this time we get snow, and every year around this time people are unhappy about it! Get used to it folks, it's not going to change! For me, I don't mind the snow, I just hate driving in the dang stuff! I'm so paranoid when it comes to sliding around. Honestly, I don't trust myself driving in it, as well as many others! Hopefully everybody stays warm!

2 comments:

  1. I just outfitted my car last week with the extra blacket and clothes just in case something happens. I agree that we should be prepared for this crazy weather. I regonize myself as one of those people that complain about the cold every year! I wish we could have snow, but with 80 degree weather. I figure if I am going to wish for things, wish big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Tammy, snow at 80 degrees would be great. I don't like to drive in it either, that is the worst part about it.

    ReplyDelete